Nothing good lasts forever...But enjoy it while it is there!
There were a couple of things that were bothering me for the past few weeks. First there was my research in which I had a deadline to meet (the deadline was highly frayed due to a lot of extensions) and on top of that nothing was working properly. It was then that I realised why a PhD takes such a long time to complete. It is science after all and it is illegal for you to expect everything to go as you wish. It was in a way good also because I finally for sure, knew that Iam a very impatient person. (If I needed something, I had to have it immediately). So now that I know, I can work towards improving my levels of tolerance and patience because I need it badly over the next few years at least.
Secondly I had two midterms coming. And I had not started any serious studying till then. I mean serious, in comparison with the my last semester where I studied really hard. I believe strongly that you will only get something if you work for it. Luck and fluke have never worked for me. So naturally I was apprehensive about the exams.
But it was like a vent opening up yesterday. My exams went well and finally after a long and despairing wait something good happened to my experiments. I had never laughed from my heart for the past couple of weeks. But when I went back home yesterday I laughed. I had a much needed and long chat with my friends(we talk crap but it feels good to talk crap ;)). It was a really good atmosphere back home yesterday. I enjoyed every moment of it. I wanted it to go on forever.
I know nothing good lasts forever. But recharge your batteries while it is there, because you dont know when you will get the opportunity again to laugh again heartily.
Secondly I had two midterms coming. And I had not started any serious studying till then. I mean serious, in comparison with the my last semester where I studied really hard. I believe strongly that you will only get something if you work for it. Luck and fluke have never worked for me. So naturally I was apprehensive about the exams.
But it was like a vent opening up yesterday. My exams went well and finally after a long and despairing wait something good happened to my experiments. I had never laughed from my heart for the past couple of weeks. But when I went back home yesterday I laughed. I had a much needed and long chat with my friends(we talk crap but it feels good to talk crap ;)). It was a really good atmosphere back home yesterday. I enjoyed every moment of it. I wanted it to go on forever.
I know nothing good lasts forever. But recharge your batteries while it is there, because you dont know when you will get the opportunity again to laugh again heartily.

8 Comments:
hey kritso,
we all know how IMPATIENT you are.. and the frenzy that enters your head when you really WANT something, or somebody ;)
dont worry though, we're partners in crap AND crime.. haha!! :)
--you know who..
hey cheater,
you said your exams ydy went well, but made no mention of the *cheat sheet* i created for you!! ;) you want me to do all the nitty-gritty stuff, while you bask away in the glory eh??!? and the pain of the forgotten treat... *sob*
cruel world!
Sure RB
You need not cry. I will definitely take a treat from you anytime. Anything for you buddy.What are frinds for. Sure so when is the treat ?!!! ;)
luv
KK
hey, looks like someone's bidding a real 'adieu' to their lab before coming home tonite, huh??!
hey
Dont you blackmail me kiddo. lets meet at home ;)
cya
goodbye
hey, so nice to intimate about the change of address.. you only moved in closer to me.. expect me to drop in even more frequently now.. :) cute id.. ;)
hey kkiyer,
it's been a good 3.5 days since you wrote.. i'm waaaaiting.. turn up!!
btw, where in the world is that cute pic..?? man, dont you do this to me.. AGAIN!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home